Jumat, 26 Januari 2007

ModPillows as Art Prints: Expanding to ImageKind


I wanted to offer my ModPillows designs as fine art prints with custom framing available, so I decided to open up a few galleries over at ImageKind.com and see how they do.

ImageKind's specialty is print-on-demand fine art prints. Their selection of frames, artwork, sizes, paper, and canvas materials is amazing and their web site has a nice "upscale" feel about it. And from what I've heard from other Cafepress shopkeepers, the quality of their printing is impressive.


It's quite easy to set up a gallery. The only draw back is you can only upload one image at a time. But there are other ways to get multiple images to them via FTP or by mailing ImageKind a CD of your artwork.

Rearranging art in your gallery is a cinch with a drag and drop feature. Like opening any online venture, you do need to market it so people can find you. ImageKind does pay for Google Ads and I've noticed when I Google myself now, I get ImageKind ads with my name, linking right to my galleries, so that's pretty cool.

If anything, it's another way for me to market my designs on two different sites by offering products that coordinate. They compliment each other nicely.

What has your experience been with ImageKind so far? Any input or tips you want to share?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...