Selasa, 12 September 2006

Promoting yourself through Threadless: My T-shirt design, "Flavors of Freedom"

Well, to update an earlier post about Threadless I went ahead and entered a design! So here's my "shameless plug" for my design, "Flavors of Freedom."

I wanted to take the approach to the theme, "We all make choices, what's yours?" with a little flavor. We have so many choices in life that even the smallest ones are significant and shouldn't be taken for granted...even choosing a flavor of ice cream. So feel free to stop by and score my design and ENTER YOUR OWN into the contest!

The winning T-shirt will be worn by Zach Braff on Scrubs!

"How can Threadless help me grow my web site audience?"
So far I like their service. What kept me from entering in the past is that they will own the rights to winning designs. But if your design doesn't win, you can request to have the rights to it to sell yourself. And if it does win, you do get a cash prize, which makes the effort worth it. Enter your own design and it's a great promotional venue for your own web site, CafePress store or blog. You're allowed to list a web site URL with your user name and they have a section in your profile to put a feed to your blog or myspace account. Just another place to get your name out there.

Don't design for them like you do for CafePress!
Of course, I first designed this thing with the CafePress printing in mind (with unlimited colors). When I actually read the instructions more carefully I noticed designs can have a maximum of four colors. So I redid it and submitted it. They have a nifty template you can download for Photoshop with layers and on each layer is a different colored shirt so you can see how your design looks on different shirts. It's a different way of designing, but it's refreshing. I love all the T-shirt color options.

So far it's been fun. I might try and enter one a month and see how it goes. I love throwing my stuff out there to be scrutinized. It's the best way to learn and grow as an artist!


Technorati Tags: , , , ,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...