Senin, 04 Agustus 2008

The First Day of the Rest of my Life

Did I say the rest of my life? Well, it's at least the first day of a new chapter in my life.

I never thought this day would come. I mean I knew it would, at some point, but today?

Yep. Today.

I'm quitting my job. Today is my last day.

Nearly 10 years since I graduated from college I have been working in the design industry, the most recent 7.5 years as Sr. Designer/Illustrator for an educational materials company. This has all brought me invaluable experience, but most importantly, it's paid the bills while I pursued my dream of the past few years: stay at home with my kids (now 2.5 years & 10 months) while working for myself. Thanks largely to Cafepress, my husband's support, and my hard work.

So now what?

I plan on running my Cafepress stores, doing occasional freelance design and illustration, and pursuing various back-burner projects.

I know when you blog you need to keep it fresh or it will die. I'm sure Creative Gumption is no exception. But I hope to dig it out of the sandbox, dust it off, and bring it back! Think of it as Creative Gumption taking a year-long vacation.

While this blog has sat idle, I have not.

I have learned a lot. I have a lot of projects in the works. And I plan to blog blog blog about them.

So a quick preview of what's to come:

-I'm working on a new linked-in professional group for T-shirt professionals and I'd love for you to join!
-I've been trying out new (well, new to me) methods of advertising
-Political season is here & I have a new political themed store...and ideas for promotion
-Cafepress updates (yes, I'm still on the Cafepress Voice Team!)
-I'll introduce you to some of my new online friends...and their helpful blogs and websites
-Design inspiration, as before
-And more...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...