Sabtu, 19 Agustus 2006

"How can I sell my digital art or photos as wall art?" CafePress alternative: ImageKind.com

I just signed up for an account with ImageKind, a new online community for artists that is a print-on-demand service with a focus on fine art prints & framed wall art.

There's been some talk lately among some of us CafePress shopkeepers about this new company and overall, we're pretty excited about it.

ImageKind.com is still in beta, but worth checking out if you have fine digital artwork or photography that you want to sell in more of a fine art venue than CafePress.

My impressions so far are good. The site is well-designed with a focus on quality. They offer 10 different types of printing, including glossy photo and even print on canvas for a painting-like quality.

My gripes: It needs to have a way to do bulk changes to things like image tags, naming and uploading to galleries. Creating a gallery is quite easy, but seems a bit time consuming right now. Organization and product design interface are good, but could be better (I get a little confused at times, wondering if my changes have been saved and what section I'm in). They are still in beta, however, so I'm sure with time and user feedback they will work out the kinks.

I haven't ordered anything yet, but heard from others that the quality is fantastic...just like a "real" canvas print or photo. If you have any experience with ImageKind.com, let me know. I'd like to hear other people's take on them!

I'll let you know in future posts how my experience is going with ImageKind.com. In the meantime, check them out for yourself!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...